< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://www.myoldblogurl.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://www.mynewblogurl.com">

I've always found myself amusing, now it's time to expand on that audience. Created to develop an incredible ego and delusional sense of grandeur. It's all about me...come enjoy!

Friday, April 08, 2005

Garbage Trucks and Doughnuts

I was late today. I've been late everyday for the last year and a half.

Last week my manager put a new policy in place; If you're late you bring doughnuts.

This was fine with me, I was usually only late because of the apathy of others towards my lateness. Now that there is a penalty I can motivate myself to show up to work on time. I blame the environment I work in, I'm very punctual otherwise.

Monday through Thursday I managed to make it in on time as I watched with great pleasure as my manager faulted out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday the other guy in my department was late!

Today I left a little late but I figured I could take the back way and shave off the time by driving ridiculously fast on poorly maintained roads. Everything was going according to plan until I ended up behind one of those garbage trucks that dumps off garbage bins at construction sites. Every hill was like Everest and every turn was taken with the caution of a turn in a game of Russian Roulette.

I pulled in at 8:07 and there was already a note on my monitor. I was a little pissed because when they were late it was in the half hour range. But late is late so doughnuts for everyone!

I think I'm just going to start coming in a half hour early everyday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog while surfing, Nice! If you are interested in Late you should visit this related site Late You may find it of interest.

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home