< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://www.myoldblogurl.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://www.mynewblogurl.com">

I've always found myself amusing, now it's time to expand on that audience. Created to develop an incredible ego and delusional sense of grandeur. It's all about me...come enjoy!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Headlights

This morning when I was scrapping my car off to go to work I noticed that my headlight was out. I did what most people do when they notice something isn't working.

POUND!! - POUND!!

Give it a quick couple pounds of the fist. If that doesn't work the next logical step depending on the item in stability was to give it a kick.

Still nothing.

I went back to hitting it with my fist, just in case I hadn't been doing it right the first time or the kicking had loosened it up enough for it to become responsive to the pounding again.

Nothing.

The phrase, "It must be broken." finally enters my head. I get in my car and drive off to work.

I like to think that I'm a pretty observant person, but driving home I noticed at least eight people coming in the opposite direction had a headlight out. I see the odd one here and there but this seemed like an unusually high number. I felt like rolling down the window and giving them the low wave like bikers and bus drivers give each other when they pass.

With it being night (one of the key reasons you can tell someone's headlight is out and probably why the whole bond that bikers and bus drivers formed never really took off with the one headlight crowd). That and it was minus -27. I figured a quick point over the top of the steering wheel and a head nod would be enough acknowledgement to my single headlighted brothers. I wasn't going to take the chance of not acknowledging one of my own and later incurring some sort of retribution or worse yet the shameful disgrace of being expelled from the one headlighted society that I didn't know I was part of in the first place.

Remember if you're driving around with one headlight, show some respect and acknowledge a fellow brother!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home