< link rel="DCTERMS.replaces" href="http://www.myoldblogurl.com" /> < meta name="DC.Identifier" content="http://www.mynewblogurl.com">

I've always found myself amusing, now it's time to expand on that audience. Created to develop an incredible ego and delusional sense of grandeur. It's all about me...come enjoy!

Monday, January 24, 2005

42

I now know the answer to Life, The universe and Everything.

I just finished reading Douglas Adams' - "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"



A series of coincidences led me to this book.

1. It all started when I was watching Elf, starring Will Ferrell. I thought the woman who played the department store elf, Jovie (Zooey Deschanel) was so familiar but I couldn't place her. I went on to IMDB to see what else she had been in. She's been in a few movies, Abandon, The Good Girl, The New Guy, and Mumford. She is also going to play Trillian in the upcoming movie of The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (THHGTTG).

2. I was talking to a co-worker about Elf and Zooey. He asked what else she had been in. I rambled off what I could remember and that she was going to be in THHGTTG. He said he was reading it right now. He mentioned it was a trilogy told in 5 parts. Sounded like my kind of book.

3. A couple of days later a friend of mine scribbled down his website on a bar napkin while were we out in Toronto see a friend perform at yuk-yuks. I checked out his blog, and he's a huge Douglas Adams fan. His blog is filled with great Douglas Adams' quotes.

I decided that based on the series of events that had happened that I needed to read this book. I'm not a big book reader, this is actually only the second book that I've managed to finish which wasn't required reading for school. It's great and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who can read and has a sense of humor. It also a good test to see if you can read but do not have a sense of humor. If you read this book and find it stupid, you truly have no sense of humor and will never understand the true meaning of Life, The Universe and Everything.

Now I'm off to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, towel in hand.

Official Movie Site
www.reality-cheque.tk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home